When the present parish boundaries were formed there were five churches in the parish:
The Baptist chapel and Emmanuel hall have since become private residences.
St. John the Baptist (C of E)
Lee Common Methodist Church
The Methodist chapel is situated in Oxford Street, Lee Common and dates from 1839.
Recently refurbished, the chapel offers regular services as well as a place for groups to meet.
It holds a coffee morning on the first Saturday of each month (10.30 to 12.00) and a Toddlers
group (up to 3 yrs) on Wednesdays in term time
(10.00 to 11.30).
The Old Church dates from the 13th Century and, according to Lipscomb’s history of Buckinghamshire, “… was originally built as a Chapel of Ease to Weston Turville and was granted… by the family of Turville to Missenden Abbey” .The church contains fine wall paintings from that period and later.
Nowadays the Church is preserved and managed by The Lee Old Church Trust. A programme of events is held during the year (see Diary); the church remains consecrated.
|Your comments and feedback are
welcome, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org